7/9/08

I Thank God I was ready....out of season


Be ready at all times, in & out of season, to share the gospel…the hope that is within us… that allows us to live the way we SHOULD live. The ‘hope’ in Christ as our future reward, biblically, should help us overcome the fear of death, sacrifice comforts for the good of others, boldly share the gospel to the lost, forgive, grow in holiness, forsake worldly pleasures, etc. This hope compels me to examine my life & heart before God’s word to check myself as well as my motives. Paul exhorts us to be ready at all times to share the gospel; this doesn’t just mean have your testimony ready or an organized evangelism plan. It means live it out; when no one is looking & when its not always convenient.

One way God has helped me ‘live out’ my walk is through meaningful prayer with purpose. I do pray for opportunities to serve & share the gospel but what about those blown or missed opportunities that happen many times? There is a homeless man I have seen all over town, especially within a few miles of where I live. I’ve seen him asking for money at stop lights, walking everywhere and I think I even saw him downtown once. Well I drove past him at a stop light not long ago & decided to pray for him, for his soul & that, Lord willing, I may get to share the gospel with him.

A few days ago Amanda & I rented “The end of the spear” and as we walked out of the store there he was!!! The homeless man I prayed for was in my grill asking for change! I ran to my car and got a dollar & a tract and was so excited to be able to finally share the gospel with this man. His name was Phillip too, he listened intently as I witnessed to him and I pointed to my church (which was down the street) and invited him to come. The commission is to ‘go’ but be ready if God sends them to you.

Pray for Phillip, not that he gets more change but that he would be changed….in Christ. That he would repent & believe the gospel…so that the Lamb would receive His reward.

No comments: