4/18/10

Meeting Mark Cahill




It is amazing how God connects people, answers prayers, & works things out for his glory. Well known evangelist, Mark Cahill, spoke at a conference yesterday (Friday) but I wasn't able to make it. I have read his books and been inspired by his fiery drive to reach the lost wherever & whenever for Christ. Today (Saturday) I pulled up to a gas station & began pumping gas when I look over to my left and a tall guy is walking at me with a hand full of gospel tracts. It was Mark Cahill & as he began to hand me a tract and start up a conversation I just simply hugged him. Hahaha you should of seen Mark's face he just said, "I'm sorry do I know you?" I replied back with a smile, "No but I know you." I told Mark that I've read his books, heard some of his messages, & they have been a real inspiration to me to be a witness for Christ.

Before you know it Mark handed me some tracts and we were handing them out to those at this gas station. After a little conversation together Mark graciously prayed for me & my wife Amanda & gave me his book, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven." Of course the one thing you can't do in Heaven is tell the lost about Christ so that should be our top priority in life's journey. As Amanda & I jumped into our car to pull off we saw Mark hit up everyone else at that gas station & began witnessing to a lady taking a smoke break. I'm praying for zeal, boldness, & determination from the Holy Spirit to reach the lost like Mark Cahill. I believe in divine encounters & I learned more about being a light for Christ in those few minutes talking & watching Mark in action than I ever could of at a conference. It was a wake up call from God & I was glad to pass out gospel tracts at the mall later that evening. I want to lay my life down for Christ & not waste it.

No comments: