4/1/10

Am I really making an impact on anyone?

There is no joy like truly servicing God from the heart and seeing your efforts impact those around you. For me there is no satisfaction greater than overcoming my own fears and weaknesses to love someone enough to get out of my comfort zone and share the gospel. I've had to the opportunity by God's grace to share the gospel to over a thousand people through street witnessing, one on one encounters, and preaching engagements at various places. But sometimes I wonder "am I really impacting any one's life eternally?" I understand that no matter what when the gospel is shared a person can accept or reject Christ (which is an eternal decision). Paul said in 2 Cor. 2:15-16, "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?" Paul's point is that Christian's witness and sacrifice for Christ will bring death or life to those who hear the message. By God's grace we can carry out this commission because no one is sufficient for this task in their own ability, we need the Holy Spirit to empower us. I've always prayed that God would bless his gospel & give me the power to be a witness for him & God has always shown unlimited grace to me.

I've been encouraged by the amazing story of a little man named Mr. Genor who faithfully passed out gospel tracts for over 40 years but never knew if he ever impacted anyone. Just before Mr. Genor died he received news that through his faithful witness many have come to Christ and are now in the ministry. So I wonder what has God done with the seeds I've sown in the lives of those I've witnessed too. I'm content because I know God awards faithfulness not fruit. Faithfulness is my job and fruit is God's job because he 'brings the increase.' Recently a friend of mine gave me a letter that brought me so much joy and encouragement. It basically said that over the last year he has been impacted by watching me live out my life for Christ and through our talks it was difference in him coming to Christ. This young man has a similar background to mine and I think he was just encouraged to see that God could really change someone from the heart and it be legit. I was speechless because their are no words to describe the encouragement, joy, and thankfulness to God for allowing me, a sinner, to be a witness for his glory. To God be the glory who raises dead men and sends them out to call others from their sinful graves to walk in the light of God's glory.

No comments: