8/20/08

First witness in Wilmore


The Lord blessed me & opened the door to witness to a youngman, Adam, a few days ago. He hangs out with a group of teens I see all the time in this area. I've actually been able to give them tracts but hadn't got to have any conversations until.......I was shooting ball at a local park when Adam got dropped off and started shooting with me (THE DOOR) and then soon began to talk to me about basketball (GOD OPENS DOOR). I then asked him if he attended church anywhere & futher explained the gospel.

A pivotal point in the conversation was when I began to explain that the way of salvation is through a narrow gate & on a hard path. Jesus said this & many other hard sayings to discourage the half-hearted followers & make it crystal clear that salvation is absolute & will cost you everything. I've heard that you can understand this verse as the gate being so narrow that one cannot bring anything threw it with him. Nothing, no secret sins, no half-hearts, etc.... You can no longer be Lord of your life. You must surrender all to Christ & follow where He may lead. I would never want to be unfaithful to God in sharing the gospel or to give a unbeliever false asurrance.

Adam really seem to take our conversation seriously. I pray he does.

No comments: